Hiring: Human Resources Manager – Red Fire Farm
Red Fire Farm is hiring a Human Resources Manager to help oversee hiring, payroll, a $1 million labor budget and staffing plans. This position is year-round, based at Red Fire’s Montague office and is available as a full or part-time (25-30 hours) job.
Red Fire is an organic vegetable farm with more than 100 acres in cultivation between its Montague and Granby properties. The farm has a large CSA membership, major wholesale customers and a robust retail operation. At the peak of the season, there can be as many as 80 people on the payroll.
The HR Manager will work closely with the farm managers to make sure the crew is adequately staffed and trained during various times of the year. The HR Manager also works closely with our payroll company, Farm Credit East, to process bi-weekly paychecks and monitor labor costs as well as other farm expenses.
Other duties include:
- Recruit and retain staff;
- Assist with interviews and reference checks;
- Maintain and communicate staffing plans, schedules, and attendance tracking with input from other managers
- Assist managers in performance reviews, giving feedback and other HR issues;
- Write and revise position descriptions as needed;
- Administer Workers Compensation, Unemployment, Payroll, Farm Labor Camp, and any other programs, including maintaining timely paperwork and office organization, and upkeep of equipment like timeclocks.
The ideal candidate will have worked in an operations or administrative role in other organizations or as a manager on a farm. The HR Manager needs to have exceptional interpersonal skills, strong leadership, excellent communication skills and an ability to anticipate the big-picture needs of a dynamic organization.
Hourly rate between $12-$15/hr, based on experience. Position comes with paid time off and unlimited access to farm produce. Some travel to the Granby farm may be required.
Applicants should send a resume and a letter of interest to email@example.com.