Hiring: Information Technology and Outreach Coordinator – The Farm School in Athol
The Farm School in Athol, MA is hiring a full time, on-site Information Technology and Outreach Coordinator (ITOC) to work on a range of office-based projects that advance our programs for youth and our food distribution efforts.
This is a new position which will take responsibility for the many ways in which Information Technology is currently being used at The Farm School in its operation on the ground and in its outreach to the communities it serves. And, Farm School staff look forward to collaborating with the ITOC to explore new ways that IT can be used to support the organization in the future.
Aspects of current work for which the ITOC will take responsibility include the following work areas each of which will ebb and flow at different times of year depending on the needs of the organization and the seasonality of the work areas. The ITOC will work most closely with the Farm School’s office manager and in coordination with the PVS program director and The Farm School co-directors.
Program for Visiting Schools scheduling/administration:
— Maintain regular contact with our partner schools for all school visit scheduling matters in collaboration with PVS program director
— Maintain waitlist for prospective PVS partner schools
— Update database with program participant information
— Coordinate with office manager around invoicing with partner schools
Inventory, record keeping and distribution of Farm School meat and vegetables:
— Manage FS meat database and coordinate inventory with Kitchen’s Director
— Manage meat donations/sales with partner organizations and customers
— Help coordinate delivery of meat in collaboration with vegetable distribution team
— Coordinate with vegetable distribution team on veggie record keeping
Social Media and Website management:
— Manage farm’s social media platforms in collaboration with Farm School staff
— With office manager, keep farm’s website updated and user friendly
— Help create content for social media and website that communicates our work to the wider community
Organizational information flow and IT support:
— Help organize The Farm School’s internal information sharing systems (google drive/intranet)
— Help with the composition, maintenance and management of IT systems in individual program areas
— Work closely with co-director on fundraising plans and outreach
— Help staff troubleshoot computer related issues
— Support office upkeep and maintenance
In addition to the particular aspects of this position, the ITOC, like all full-time staff, will participate in all-staff meetings/trainings and will take part in our annual fundraising efforts/events. And, although this is not a farming position, there will occasionally be opportunities to help out on the land at certain moments of the year in communication with the PVS Program Director, Co-Directors and fellow farmer/teachers.
Things we’re looking for…
- A commitment to racial equity and liberation
- Comfort and confidence working with and troubleshooting all Google software
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Comfort and confidence with database management (Airtable and filemaker)
- Familiarity with social media platforms and WorldPress web hosting
- Strong organization and follow up skills including record keeping and budget management
- An ability to work within a schedule that shifts with the seasons and the needs of the organization
- An ability to prioritize, work efficiently and ask for help when needed.
- An interest in working for an organization that centers experiences for youth
- An understanding and appreciation of food systems
- Salary commensurate with experience, range: 38K-42K, based on an average of 40 hour work week
- Full health insurance coverage (no dental)
- Participation in our Simple IRA retirement plan
- 3 weeks of paid vacation/year
- Access to Farm School produced food
- On-site housing possible, depending on availability
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with title: Information Technology/Outreach Coordinator. We will review applications on a rolling basis and look to fill the roll as soon as possible. We will review all application submissions and will follow up with candidates who have been selected to continue in our search process.
We serve diverse communities of students and we are striving to develop a staff that reflects that. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply to our open positions. The Farm School does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, sex, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin in any of its school administered policies or programs.