Hiring: Market Manager – Hilltown Mobile Market
Overview: The Hilltown CDC in partnership with Healthy Hampshire, developed a pilot mobile market during the summer of 2019 to connect local farms to low-income and food insecure Hilltown residents. This market has evolved over the years from a “pop-up” market that delivered market shares to two locations for ten weeks during the summer into a full-service walk-in grocery store that offers year round delivery throughout the Hilltowns.
Market Manager Responsibilities:
- Communication/reminders about delivery times/locations/dates to customers
- Awareness and proper tracking of inventory through website and grocery store
- Communication/coordination with farmers around ordering product and pickup
- Working with Director of Community Programs to manage budgets and margins
- Maintaining website and social media accounts
- Picking and sorting items for digital orders and ensuring they’re properly distributed
- Working with Drivers to communicate routes and help with load up
- Stocking shelves at store and maintaining a clean “free produce” cooler
- Sell and process payments for wholesale and retail customers
- Development of weekly newsletters
- Engage with farmers through winter meetings and during the season
- Maintaining DTA relationships and processing of Senior/WIC coupons
- Help with the planning/community engagement needed for expansion of service area
- Excellent customer service skills; committed to serving all people regardless of race, income, ability, gender, sexual orientation, religion, etc.
- Professionalism when working with local farmers and vendors for weekly orders and pick-ups.
- Experience working in retail or farmers’ market setting.
- Familiarity with social media platforms and basic organizational software such as Microsoft Office (Word and Excel). As well as the ability to train on dedicated online shopping platform.
- Basic math skills and eye for organization
- Expressed enthusiasm for promoting and increasing the consumption of healthy, local foods.
- Familiarity with the Hilltowns preferred.
Supervised By: Hunt Chase, Director of Community Programs
Qualifications: Driver’s license and ability to drive cargo van when needed. Must be able to lift boxes of produce up to 50 lbs. and be able to stand for long periods of time.
Days/Hours: Tuesday through Friday 12-8 pm. Saturday 10 am-4pm. with some seasonal fluctuation due to produce availability. Occasional evening meetings during the winter months.
This is a grant-funded position. Continuation of the position is subject to the status of future funding.
EOE/AA/Section 3: Applicants with handicaps and needing assistance will be accommodated. Among equally qualified candidates, low to moderate-income residents of the local region will be given preference.
To apply, please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.