Hiring: Marketing Coordinator – Red Fire Farm
Red Fire Farm is looking for a Marketing Coordinator. This position is responsible for marketing, outreach, and public communications from Red Fire Farm to our customers. Primary responsibilities include developing a comprehensive seasonal advertising plan for retail and CSA operations, providing excellent customer service, representing Red Fire Farm at local events, assisting with farmers’ market and CSA management, and providing general office assistance. Over the year, work at the farm will vary considerably, and the focus of your work will change over the seasons. This position is approximately 30-35 hours per week, with seasonal variation.
Our ideal candidate has experience in advertising, design, and communications and will be able to effectively create and manage seasonal marketing campaigns. You should also be proficient in WordPress. Wow us with your writing and design skills by including an applicable sample of each with your application. We prefer work samples that reflect your marketing savvy, but we are open to seeing other stellar examples that showcase your talent for communicating concepts, especially those related to food, both visually and verbally.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Develop seasonal promotions of the CSA, farm stands, and markets through print materials, online postings, ads, and other methods. In addition, the Marketing Coordinator will be asked to perform general tasks in the office and provide support for other staff members.
- Create seasonal marketing and communication plans for online and print materials, and design corresponding posters, social media campaigns, etc.
- Create and implement advertising for Facebook, radio, newspapers, online, etc., including press releases
- Maintain frequent social media posting schedule with farm updates
- Update website frequently with blog posts, recipes, farm news, and other relevant information
- Co-write several newsletters each month, for CSA members and general public
- Take photos of farm operations, events, markets, etc. and organize them on internal server
- Develop communications and training for farm crew regarding sales, coupons, marketing goals, seasonal changes, product specials, etc.
- Coordinate donations to local organizations as requested
- Coordinate with Food Educator for best schedule of cooking demos and assist in making materials and promoting throughout the season
- Help Event Coordinator with event planning, preparations, advertising, and day-of coordination
- Represent the farm at events throughout the year, as needed
- Track sales against goals and make promotions to match
- Identify and investigate new sales venues or methods
General Office Responsibilities:
- Answer phones and facilitate office communication
- Provide excellent customer service and maintain comprehensive knowledge of farm operations and services (CSA, retail, markets, etc.)
- Contribute to cleanliness and organization of office space
- Assist with office tasks and seasonal help for other positions as needed
Job Requirements and Competencies
- Some knowledge of sustainable agriculture, locally grown crops, farm operations, and cooking techniques
- Ability to provide outgoing and professional customer service at all times
- Excellent communication, organizational, and multitasking skills
- Ability to organize tasks efficiently, maintain focus, and work according to a schedule
- Ability to work according to soft and hard deadlines
- Flexibility, patience, and willingness to learn
- Experience developing advertising and marketing content in a variety of mediums
- Familiarity managing social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Experience with content management systems, preferably WordPress
- Experience with InDesign or comparable design programs
- Willingness to improve farm operations by identifying problems and developing solutions
- Must be comfortable self-motivating as well as taking direction from senior staff members
- Willingness to assist co-workers with necessary or requested tasks (they will do the same for you!)
- Ability to work some weekends and flexible hours
- Fresh, seasonal produce
- Friendly work environment
Email cover letter, resume with three references, and work samples to email@example.com