Hiring: Marketing Manager – Red Tomato
Status: Full time, 40 hours per week.
Location: Providence, RI; some travel.
Reports to: Executive Director
Compensation: Salary $55,000 – $60,000, with full benefits package.
Preferred Start Date: June 1, 2021
Red Tomato is a nonprofit organization and food hub based in Providence, RI, that connects farmers and consumers through the sales and marketing of fresh produce, and through programs, education and collaboration, to build a just, ecological regional food system.
Founded in 1996, Red Tomato ensures that the voice of mid-sized wholesale growers are represented in our movement’s efforts to create resilient, regional food systems, and develops innovative strategies to support ecological growing practices and expand access to good food. RT has sold over $50 million of local, sustainably grown, farm-identified produce to supermarkets, distributors, and institutions. Programs include Eco Apple, a certification, marketing and supply chain network for fruit growers; and the Farming and Food Narrative Project, a social science research, framing and communication initiative.
We seek a self-directed, enthusiastic Marketing Manager to work closely with Red Tomato staff, farmers and customers, to develop and implement a full range of marketing and communication strategies that support sales and programs, build Red Tomato and Eco brands, and position Red Tomato as a leading voice in the good food movement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Executive Director and Creative Art Director to implement Red Tomato and Eco brand marketing strategy, and incorporate current consumer trends and insights into RT marketing.
- Develop annual Marketing plans, budget and metrics as part of overall Strategic Plan.
- Collaborate and communicate with RT Team to ensure integration of marketing functions across the organization.
- Digital Marketing:
- Maintain and develop website, digital media platforms, and digital communications consistent with RT brand and organizational goals.
- Develop and implement targeted digital media campaigns, in collaboration with RT team, growers, customers, and other food system partners.
- Trade Marketing:
- Develop and manage marketing support for RT customers, in coordination with Trade and Supply Chain team, including point of sale and marketing materials, custom sales presentations, demos and events.
- Program Marketing:
- Assist in development and implementation of marketing and promotion of Eco and other programs, in collaboration with Eco program managers, farm owners and marketing staff, and other partners.
- Develop and maintain metrics that measure and demonstrate Red Tomato reach and impact, including through digital communication, social media, other media, print materials, Eco brand impressions, and other points of contact.
- Represent Red Tomato at events, trade shows and conferences, and provide consulting and presentations on behalf of Red Tomato.
- Maintain mailing lists, marketing files, and inventory of marketing materials, display, and packaging samples.
- Assist in general office support, Team meetings, and work closely with other Red Tomato staff on a variety of activities and programs.
- 5 years relevant marketing experience.
- Knowledge, experience, and enthusiasm re: standard and emerging digital media platforms, (ie: website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, both one-on-one and in groups.
- Experience with Excel, Word, WordPress and other basic digital tools. Experience with video and audio (podcast) production also desirable.
- Experience in setting and achieving marketing metrics and goals.
- Creative, organized, self-directed and disciplined.
- Team player on a mission-driven, small, intense team; able to work both collaboratively and independently.
- Commitment to RT’s mission of strengthening the viability of family farms and a fair, accessible, ecological food system.
- Appreciation for diversity in people, experience and ideas.
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn, teach, and make a positive contribution to workplace culture.
Red Tomato is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community; we consider applicants for employment without regard to, and do not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are a small, hard-working, dedicated staff, and we value diversity of ideas, backgrounds and experience.
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Email questions are welcome, but no phone calls please. Hiring open until April 20, 2021