Hiring: Mobile Market Manager – Rainbow Harvest Farm
Mobile Market Manager
The mobile market manager will be the face of our new Mobile Farmers’ Market. This is a key position in establishing this new market and requires a passion for social justice and food access work. The mobile market manager will coordinate closely with the farm owner and community partners to roll out the mobile market program in July 2021. Work hours will be flexible in May-June for program development. Once the truck is operating in July, the goal is for a 32-40 hour/week position through December or until it is too cold to operate the truck. There is potential to become a year-round position with a highly motivated market manager. ay will be commensurate with experience, starting at $16-$18/hour. Interested individuals should submit resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Develop community partnerships with individuals, organizations, and agencies that support food access and build on existing relationships.
- Work with farm owner to develop, evaluate and maintain a mobile market route.
- Propose and secure route stops and work with potential site hosts to develop lasting partnerships.
- Work with owner to develop mobile market policies, SOPs, and site agreements.
- Work with partners to produce and provide healthy eating/nutrition education materials.
- Provide regular detailed feedback to farm owner on all successes and challenges.
- Maintain a regular daily cleaning schedule for the mobile market truck and related equipment.
- Monitor equipment performance and notify owner immediately of any concerns or irregularities.
- Set up and maintain produce displays for optimal quality and customer experience.
- Operation of the mobile market – selling fresh produce and other items to customers.
- Documentation of daily market activities including vehicle mileage, purchasing, sales, shrink, customer & site host feedback and other data.
- Picking up products from farms/businesses and delivering unsaleable products to food pantries.
- Communicate any product or other concerns to owner in a timely manner.
- Work with the owner on developing a non-profit entity to support the operations of the mobile market.
- Strict adherence to all Covid-19 protocols set by government, site agreements, or company policy.
- Passion for social justice and healthy food access.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with community partners, customers, businesses, and local government entities.
- Highly motivated, positive, energetic, friendly, outgoing and enthusiastic
- Excellent organizational, multitasking and time management skills.
- Ability to work well alone and with a small team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with diverse populations (ethnic, economic, education, etc)
- Bilingual/Multilingual/Spanish speaking abilities preferred
- Valid driver’s license, a clean driving record, and a reliable mobile phone are essential.
- Preferred experience driving a box truck or other large vehicle.
- Retail sales experience preferably food/produce related.
- Serv-safe certified preferred
- Proficient with basic computer software for documentation, spreadsheets, and graphic design