Hiring: Network Coordinator – Pioneer Valley Grows
The PVGrows Network Coordinator is responsible for strengthening the PVGrows network, including managing membership outreach and networking, collaboration with the PVGrows Investment Fund, fundraising, and planning the annual Forum or other networking and educational events. The Network Coordinator works closely with an active Steering Committee. This is a part-time consulting position, approximately 12 hours/week. The Network Coordinator position is a consultant under contract with CISA, PVGrows’ host organization.
Consultant Opening: Network Coordinator
Time frame: Review begins 8/10/2015, position open until filled
Pioneer Valley Grows is a collaborative network dedicated to enhancing the ecological and economic sustainability and vitality of the Pioneer Valley food system. PVGrows provides opportunities for stakeholders to connect, share, and match goals and expertise to promote the growth of our food system. From agricultural finance to policy formulation, from Farm to School to job creation and improved access to good nutrition, PVGrows helps partners build on each other’s strengths to effectively support a diverse and viable local food system.
PVGrows is driven by the participation and work of its members. It supports working groups and networking events, including a popular annual forum. The PVGrows Network is hosted by CISA and guided by an active independent Steering Committee. The PVGrows Investment Fund provides opportunities for investment by local residents in the regional food system and provides financing to farm and food businesses. It is administered by the Franklin County CDC with input from an Advisory Committee, and the PVGrows Network plays an important outreach and engagement role in supporting the Investment Fund.
The NetworkCoordinator is responsible for strengthening the PVGrows network, including facilitating Steering Committee activities, managing membership outreach and networking, fundraising, collaboration with the PVGrows Investment Fund, and planning the annual Forum or other networking and educational events. The Network Coordinator position is a consultant under contract with CISA, PVGrows’ host organization. The Network Coordinator works under the supervision of the PVGrows Steering Committee, with guidance from Margaret Christie, Special Projects Director at CISA.
- Work with Steering Committee to develop and implement clear strategy and target goals for ongoing outreach and member relations to deepen and grow membership annually. Outreach goals include expanding membership in Hampden County and among local food business entrepreneurs and workers. Ensure that this plan is well coordinated with outreach efforts related to the PVGrows Investment Fund.
- Catalyze PVGrows member engagement and action through support for new and existing Working Groups. Current working groups include Race in the Food System, Job Creation, and Land Conservation and Access.
- Manage fundraising in cooperation with PVGrows Steering Committee, funders and host organization. Maintain relationships with existing funders, seek additional funding opportunities, and review membership strategy.
- Support the PVGrows Steering Committee, including planning and facilitating monthly Steering Committee meetings and an annual retreat, managing recruitment of new members, and communication with committee chairs. Current committees include Operations, Fundraising/Membership, and the Forum Program Committee.
- Foster strategic engagement between the PVGrows Network and the PVGrows Investment Fund. Work closely with the Investment Fund Coordinator to coordinate outreach and membership development efforts with the Investment Fund’s parallel efforts to do outreach to potential applicants and investors.
- Strong leadership and networking skills and experience;
- Ability to work independently and with a team;
- Organized and self-motivated;
- Ability to work with people of various backgrounds including government agency staff, university researchers, farmers, business owners, and community members;
- Experience managing interns and volunteers;
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English (Spanish proficiency a plus);
- Proficiency with office computing and equipment (MS Windows and Office platforms, use of Google drive);
- Commitment to PVGrows’ mission to enhance the ecological and economic sustainability and vitality of the Pioneer Valley food system.
- Prior experience with fundraising, membership management, and network facilitation;
- Experience working in diverse communities in the Pioneer Valley or equivalent;
- Experience in sustainable agriculture, food justice, and/or business development in the Pioneer Valley.
Hours and compensation: Average 12 hours per week at $25/hour
Access to a computer and a car and some weekend and evening availability are required.
CISA/PVGrows is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please send cover letter and resume to Jennifer Williams. Writing samples and references may be requested. Review begins 8/10/15, position open until filled.