Hiring: Operations Coordinator – Enterprise Farm
Enterprise Farm is 100 acre organic farm that grows for wholesale, direct market, and our 700 member CSA . The Operations coordinator / Receiver is the critical link between our production team and our customers. Our farm work centers around growing organic vegetables and selling to our customers to ensure freshness and quality. The Ops Coordinator is responsible for
- Send product availability lists to customers.
- Receive orders from customers and compile harvest lists for the field crew.
- Building and preparing orders for shipping.
- Storing all products in the appropriate storage areas and containers.
- Operating mechanical lifts as required.
- Prepare invoices using Quickbooks.
- Entering movement of product into the computer system.
- Load and unload trucks.
- Driving box trucks to delivery locations.
- Maintaining site and cooler safety and security procedures.
- Assisting other team members as needed in duties such as preparation of orders for shipment, interacting with supplier and customer representatives delivering or picking-up products and preparation, verification of shipping documents on the computer system, driving trucks and vans.
Food Safety Duties and Backup
The operations coordinator is responsible for ensuring plant and product security and the food safety of all stored products. The operations assistant inspects all incoming and outgoing products according to standards set by the QC department and documents assigned quality, food safety and critical control point measures. The OC is responsible for monitoring the temperatures of the coolers to ensure that all products are properly stored and kept chilled as appropriate. The Operation Coordinator also maintains the packing room, shipping/receiving area and the shipping floor area in a clean and organized condition at all times.
Specific Knowledge and Skills
- Fluency/literacy in English, strong knowledge of math and arithmetic, ability to read sales orders and bills of lading.
- Ability to communicate effectively through email and phone.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to operate assorted farm equipment and vehicles required.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Ability to treat coworkers with respect.
- Attention to detail and a strong knowledge of quality produce
The ideal candidate for the Ops Coordinator position must love working with people and with computers, have a desire to grow within Enterprise Farm, and be enthusiastic about good food and sustainable agriculture. They must have strong computer/internet skills and be very comfortable with web-based database software, Microsoft Excel, Word, and Publisher. They must be comfortable and willing to work in a fast-paced environment. They must be able to lift at least 50 pounds unassisted.
How to Apply
Please emphasize how your background and skills are an excellent fit for the responsibilities and qualifications in this job description. Enterprise is a small operation and every person holds many responsibilities, please feel free to also highlight other skills you possess that would be valuable to a small business.
E-mail your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com (The subject line should read: Operations Coordinator Position)