Hiring: part-time Bookkeeper – Natural Roots
PT Bookkeeper Needed
Summary: The bookkeeper works with key members of the farm crew to manage the farm’s financial activity as well as support and improve the systems in use.
– Prepare bank deposits that include CSA share payments and farm store sales
– Monitor and record incoming electronic payments via Square, Totilpay / SNAP, our website, and Quickbooks payments and invoices.
– Support and improve electronic payment systems and syncs
– Work with farm managers to manage CSA membership as needed
– Record and pay bills
– Enter in Quickbooks farm expenses paid with debit cards, cash, and handwritten checks
– Prepare biweekly/monthly payroll for farm crew (done with a payroll service)
– Assist payroll service with processing new hires, taxes, workers comp, and staying on top of any government agency requirements, forms etc … to maintain compliance.
Budgets and Reporting:
– Work with farm managers to create an annual operating budget
– Prepare routine financial reports to share with farm managers on a monthly and / or quarterly basis
– Help to analyze enterprise profitability
– Management of Farm Finances
– Work closely with farm managers to analyze farm’s financial status, help to set goals and plans for farm growth and support the decision-making process
– Close the books at the end of the fiscal year and act as the liaison between the farm and the accounting firm during the annual tax season
Hours: 5-8 hours per week, plus quarterly meetings. Some work may be done from home.
• Have 4+ years of bookkeeping experience; 3+ years of budget experience, farm-specific experience preferred
• Familiarity with standard accounting principles
• Experience with Square POS / Quickbooks integration and SNAP / HIP / Totilpay highly desired
• Highly proficient in QuickBooks Online and Excel
• Organized, attentive to detail and able to multi-task
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; available as a committed, key team player
$19 to $22 per hour. Pay is commensurate with experience and qualifications
To apply, please send your resume with three client references, preferably farm businesses to David. Thank you.