Hiring: part-time Delivery Driver- Just Roots
Just Roots is seeking a part-time delivery driver to join our Farm to Family team. We are looking for a confident, competent driver who is patient, kind, detail oriented and likes being on the road! Routes will run throughout the Pioneer Valley, and Route 2. This part time position will run 2 full days a week (Wednesday and Friday) through Halloween, and twice monthly November through May.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Deliver Farm Share Boxes (produce, proteins and cookware) to 150 farm share families’ doorsteps, ensuring that each member’s contents are professionally delivered, and outstanding quality is consistently provided.
- Provide top notch customer service to our farm share members and have an interest and passion for developing strong interpersonal relationships with our customers
- Communicate with Just Roots team about any member needs or notes from the delivery route
- Drive shares between Greenfield to Springfield (and surrounding areas)in a 12 ft cargo van, safely and confidently.
- Be a representative and ambassador of Just Roots as you meet customers during your deliveries
- Maintain delivery truck through adherence maintained by safety checklists, ensuring vehicle is clean, and that basic maintenance is done (e.g., correct tire pressure), communicating clearly when any truck issues need to be addressed
The compensation for this position:
- $19/hour to be paid every other Friday
- Weekly produce from the farm
- You will begin to accrue sick time immediately at the rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked. Holiday pay will be prorated for part time employees.
- Enrollment in Just Roots retirement plan with 3% employer contribution and optional employee contribution.
Dates, details and further job description:
- Start date: Flexible between end of July/middle of August
- Your regular schedule will be two full days a week (Wednesday and Friday) through Halloween, and twice monthly November through May.
- Valid driver’s license, as well as experience, and comfort with driving large vehicles
- Ability to consistently carry up to 50lbs in the heat, rain, and over snowbanks
- Excellent communicator; comfort and ease with text, email, and phone communications
- Reliable, detail-oriented and organized
- Experience in, and commitment to, working with diverse community groups and partners
- Adaptable and flexible
- Must have a smartphone with consistent service, and the ability to take video meetings
- You will be required to read and abide by the Just Roots Employee Handbook once you accept employment with us
- All Just Roots employees are representatives of the organization. You will be expected to treat all team members, customers, gardeners, visitors and yourself with respect, kindness and compassion
- While in your role at Just Roots, you will do your best to embody the core organizational values; joy, accountability and community
Email a resume, three references and a short cover letter sharing your interest in this position to email@example.com.
Who is Just Roots:
Just Roots is a social justice organization that builds equity, connection, health, pride and empowerment in our community and beyond through food-based programs and systems change. Our farm, programming and advocacy efforts connect people to food and one another. We do our work by growing food; connecting people of all ages and life experiences with the land; running an all-income CSA (we’ve got the biggest SNAP-enrolled low-income CSA in the state!); cooking community meals; developing partnerships with schools, health insurance companies, legislators, health clinics and other resource agencies; researching the health outcomes of CSA participation and more. We build direct access, models, momentum and evidence for change in agricultural policy, food policy and social justice. We are a small but mighty farm-based organization with a goal to change the food system and bring more equity to the world.