Hiring: Program Assistant – CISA
Job Opening: Program Associate
Status: 20 hours a week
Time Frame: Review begins August 27, 2020, position open until filled
Community Involved in Sustaining Agriculture (CISA) is a nonprofit organization that strengthens farms and engages the community to build the local food economy. Our programs include the Be a Local Hero, Buy Locally Grown® marketing campaign, educational activities for the public, technical assistance trainings and workshops for farmers, and programs to expand market options for farmers and increase access to local food in our region. We believe that an informed and engaged community is essential to a resilient local food economy. Local food builds community by connecting us to farmers, to the seasons, and to each other.
Our team has a range of skills and life experiences and is a mix of trainers, policy experts, fundraisers, communicators, and administrators. We work to build a diverse and resilient food economy with viable farms, fair and just working conditions, strong environmental stewardship, and accessible and available local food in all of our communities. We are committed to understanding the history and current impacts of racism in the food system and actively work towards equity. We are committed to recruiting and retaining creative, ethical, smart, and innovative people.
The Program Associate works with the Technical Assistance and Local Hero teams in implementing programmatic activities that support CISA’s mission; this includes: Local Hero membership enrollment, promotion, and maintenance and logistical support for: technical assistance workshops, one-on-one technical assistance, and evaluation. The Program Associate manages the day-to-day activities for this work.
Our ideal candidate will be organized and customer-service oriented. Our candidate is detail oriented and can see the big picture and will enjoy connecting farmers and related businesses to the support CISA offers. Our candidate will have systems to organize themself, can keep track of multiple tasks and deadlines, and is persistent when working towards a goal.
- Support Local Hero and technical assistance programs
- Carry out routine office activities like answering the phone, copying, mail merges and mailings, data entry, spreadsheet and database management
- Oversee Local Hero enrollment; maintain CISA’s Local Hero member online guide
- Coordinate logistics for technical assistance including outreach and promotional announcements, tracking registrations, coordinating location and food, providing support at workshops, evaluation outreach, and tracking
- Work with supervisor to track program accomplishments, evaluations and assist in grant reporting
- Collaborate with Local Hero team to bring creative and strategic thinking to further CISA’s mission
- Represent CISA at public events (tabling), program collaborations, and other venues as needed
Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
REPORTING and SUPERVISION
This position reports to the Local Hero Manager.
- Self-motivated with the ability to collaborate well
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience with conducting outreach, networking, and/or sales
- Comfortable organizing lots of details
- Past/current work with customer management databases
- Ability to create and use spreadsheets, experience with MS Office suite
- Comfortable (and persistent in) reaching out to people on the phone and over email for deadline driven work
- High school degree/GED or equivalent
- Experience with Airtable or Canva or other web-based applications
- Experience with or interest in sustainable agriculture
- Spanish proficiency
Hours and compensation: $15.50-$18.50/hour, depending on experience. This is a 20 hours/week, non-exempt position. Vision and dental insurance, long-term disability, 401K matching, sick time, holidays, and vacation time are offered. Access to a car and some weekend and evening availability are required.
Due to COVID-19 all CISA positions are currently remote. Successful candidates must have access to home workspace, internet access, and phone capabilities (CISA will provide computer). Continued remote work post-pandemic may be possible, with regular required travel to the CISA office. Occasional travel within CISA’s service area (Hampden, Hampshire, and Franklin Counties, MA) for outreach and activities will be required.
References may be requested.
CISA is an equal opportunity employer. Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which CISA is firmly bound. CISA will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with CISA on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran, or other characteristics protected by law. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment.