Hiring: Seasonal Farm Stand Help – Park Hill Orchard
We are looking for a full time sales, stocking, and food prep person from mid-August until Thanksgiving. This is pretty fun job with lots of diverse responsibilities. We’re looking for a responsible person who can do the following:
- Prepare the stand for opening
- Earnestly engage with the customers
- Accurately run a register on busy days
- Restock of apples and other fruits and vegetables
- Prep retail food products
The schedule changes somewhat and during the season and sometimes we start at around 5AM for donut making and food prep. Regular shifts start at either 9AM or 1PM.
Skills needed include:
- Ease and to use descriptive adjectives and vocally engage customers.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately as the farmstand can get very busy.
- Attention to visual details and farmstand aesthetics in order to keep the farmstand clean and attractive.
- Ability to work both on ones own and with others in fairly tight spaces.
Experience in retail, bakery, or and/food prep is valued.
General familiarity with the orchard is helpful.
Pay is $10/hr. for the first year.