Hiring: Seasonal Field and Dairy Worker – Upinngil Farm
Duties may include:
- Planting, hoeing, weeding, harvesting (lots of strawberry picking and salad mix cutting), firewood, haying, weed whacking, lawn mowing, and various other odd jobs.
- 1-2 hr / day milk bottle washing and customer service in farm store.
- Greeting and assisting customers, even when it interrupts your work. (This duty is shared by everyone.)
- Able to lift 50 lb. repeatedly and easily.
- Fit and able to work bent over for long periods.
- Work well independently.
- Knowledge of farming and weed identification.
- $10 / hour – 20% discount on all goods
- Free pick-your-own crops (for personal use)
- Apprentice-style instruction
- Ample opportunities and resources to pursue independent farm projects
- Shared housing available
Must be available to work Saturday and Sunday during strawberry season (June), and either Saturday or Sunday the rest of the season.
Hours: May 1st – Oct 31st. 35-40hr. / week.
To apply contact Sorrel Hatch firstname.lastname@example.org or ask store attendant for application.