Hiring: Tractor Operator (Precision Cultivation Operator) – Mountain View Farm
Mountain View Farm CSA: A Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) farm serving Western Massachusetts
Mountain View Farm is a certified organic Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) project serving Western Massachusetts. CSA members visit the farm in Easthampton, MA at the base of beautiful Mt. Tom throughout the growing season to pick up their share of seasonally available produce as well as a wide variety of U-Pick crops. Land for the CSA is farmed in Easthampton, Hadley, and Northampton.
Tractor Operator: Precision Cultivation Operator: OPEN
- This position is a Field Crew Position with a focus on operating belly mounted precision cultivation equipment and tractors.
- Tractor/Implement work consists of cultivation (basket weeding, finger weeding, tine weeder, S-tine cultivator, hillers, etc)
- Must be able to drive pick up truck and trailer to move equipment to different fields
- All tractors are driven for considerable distances over the road.
- Equipment maintenance including daily assessment, greasing, oil changes, etc
- When not operating a tractor this position works with the field and ground crew performing whatever task is at hand.
Time of Year / Hours / Pay:
- Start date is somewhat flexible and can start as early as the first week in March and as late as the first week in May.
- End date is somewhat flexible but generally the position runs to Mid November
- Hours are 6am – 5pm, 5-6 days per week during the peak season
- $17-20 per hour depending on experience
- Some tractor experience
- Minimum 1 season experience on a commercial farm
- A mechanical foundation
- Ability to work by yourself for the entire day and also with a larger crew