Hiring: Veterans Program Coordinator – Springfield Partners for Community Action
Springfield Partners for Community Action seeks a full-time Program Coordinator to advocate on behalf of the veterans and provide them with quality support services that will enable them to regain physical, mental and economic stability, housing and employment, so that they may become fully franchised within their community.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Conduct intake interviews and assessments for all new clients and establishing a case file with all appropriate forms and entering/revising case management information in the client database.
• Assist veterans, widows and children in applying for federal veterans’ benefits such as service connected compensation, non-service connected disability pensions, medical benefits, home loans, educational benefits, death and burial benefits, as well as pension benefits for those veterans in nursing homes or who are housebound.
• Identify individual needs and assist veterans in acquiring services such as Financial Literacy Education, HUD-certified Housing Counseling, tax services including preparations and conflict resolution, eviction prevention, workforce development, Weatherization assistance, food and nutrition assistance, and early education and care.
• Advocate for the veterans and their dependents, and advise them of the availability of state services and benefits.
• Respond to client and family requests for assistance by assessing service needs and providing direct intervention, information, and referral services as appropriate.
• Refer and documents all referrals for and contacts with/on behalf of clients.
• Establish relationships and collaborate with other veterans’ service agencies such as State & Federal Veterans support agencies, Soldier On, Vet Centers, Soldiers Home, town VSO’s, etc. to ensure that participants receive all necessary services.
• Attends events and conducts community outreach.
• Collect/collate monthly, quarterly, and as needed service statistics for caseload.
• Has an understanding of applicable federal, state and county regulations & legislation.
• Participates in individual supervision with his/her supervisor, staff meetings, and team case conferences.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have excellent presentation, written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, have the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, have a strong work ethic and attention to details! Associate’s degree and 2-3 yrs exp. directly related to social services, case management & knowledge of veteran’s services. Candidates must have excellent computer skills. Fluency in Spanish preferred. Veteran status preferred. Must have a valid drivers license and be willing to travel 25-50% of the time throughout the 4 counties of Western Massachusetts. Some evenings/weekend hours may be required.
Send resume and cover letter to Springfield Partners for Community Action, 721 State St. Springfield, MA 01109, Attn: Human Resources, email email@example.com, or fax: 413-263-6511 EEO/AA
As the Community Action Agency (CAA) for the greater Springfield area, our mission is to partner with people and the community as a whole, in a way that leads to economic stability, so that we all enjoy a better quality of life.
Visit us at: www.springfieldpartnersinc.com