Hiring: Wash + Pack leader – Just Roots
Just Roots Wash + Pack leader position available!
Wash Pack Position Details:
- Collaborate with our lead wash+pack person to coordinate vegetable washing and post-harvest organization
- Lead the organization and boxing of 150-175 boxes per week for our off-site distributions
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently and be highly organized
- Find joy in creating efficient systems
- Willingness to harvest with us one or two mornings a week + do some afternoon farm tasks is a plus!
- Willingness and ability to manage a small crew of team members or volunteers to help with boxing
- Assist with the organization and boxing-up of our food donations
- Best person for the job is highly organized, able to move quickly and adapt to changes with ease
- Schedule: Tuesday, Wednesday + Thursday 8am-4/5pm. (about 25-30 hours/week) (including a 15 minute morning break and 45 minute lunch)
Who We Are:
Just Roots is a non-profit organization working to increase access to healthy, local food by connecting people, land, resources and know-how. We believe healthy food should be a right, not a privilege. Our programs bring nutrition education, connection to the land and a bounty of fruits and vegetables to our community members. For more info: www.justroots.org
On the farm, we use organic methods to manage a diverse vegetable operation on six acres that produces food for a 400 CSA, farmer’s markets and other community events and partnerships. We are a farm focused on building community, both on and off farm.
Who You Are:
You are responsible, flexible and personable, have at least one season of experience working on a farm or food business and can be happy working as an integral part of a small farm crew. You’re ready to take on the physically demanding schedule, tasks, pace and inevitable challenges of the farm season with consistency and good humor. You’re ready each day to learn, take and give direction, be patient with yourself and others and are excited about working intensely with all types of people. You have the ability and interest to work long hours outside in any type of weather – wind, rain, heat, cold; can comfortably and safely lift and carry 40 lbs. and have a valid driver’s license.
- Full share of vegetables each week
- $100 gear stipend for work gear
If you think you may be a good fit for this position, please send your resume, brief paragraph about who you are and references (at least two professional) to, Meryl LaTronica at: email@example.com