Hiring: Washroom Assistant – Next Barn Over
35 hours per week, June – October
Next Barn Over is a 50-acre, organic vegetable farm in Hadley, MA. We grow forty crops for our 800-member CSA, farmers market, and several local wholesale customers. Washroom assistants will work alongside our Washroom Manager and crew, in all post-harvest activities; including washing, sorting, packing, and delivery. Competitive hourly pay, commensurate with experience.
- Passionate about sustainable agriculture with an interest in commercial organic vegetable production.
- A strong and efficiency-minded work ethic.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, physically demanding, and busy environment.
- A positive attitude
- A desire to work closely with a team and to build strong communication and supportive atmosphere amongst the team.
- Good attention to detail.
- Must be able to repeatedly lift 50+ pound items.
- Participate in the washing, processing, and packing of all farm produce
- Deliveries of farm produce to local drop off sites.
- Participate in quality control, product consistency, cleanliness, and food safety in all post-harvest activities
- Participate in daily cleaning and sanitizing of harvest and packing equipment and work areas.
- Washroom equipment operation including pallet jack, rinse conveyor, and brush and barrel washers.
Please send inquiries to Ray at: firstname.lastname@example.org