Hiring: Washroom Manager – Next Barn Over
Washroom Manager: 40 hours per week, May – November
Manage and work alongside a crew of three people in all post-harvest activities; including washing, sorting, packing, and delivery. Employment can start as early as March working with crew in greenhouse and field. Competitive hourly pay, commensurate with experience.
Must be skilled and experienced in selection of quality produce, organization and logistics, team leadership and communication.
Must have prior experience in vegetable production, a strong and efficiency-minded work ethic.
Possess a positive can-do attitude and good attention to detail.
Must be able to repeatedly lift 50+ pound items.
- Manage the washing, processing, packing, and delivery of all farm produce
- Direct staff in post-harvest activities
- Maintain quality control, product consistency, cleanliness, and food safety in all post-harvest activities and as a priority for all staff
- Keep records of harvest, inventory/rotation, and food safety tasks
- Communicate inconsistencies or important details to harvest manager and CSA manager, wholesale customers, delivery drivers, etc.
- Maintain inventory of packaging supplies and make purchases as needed
- Plan out the day’s tasks to meet multiple order deadlines. Set priorities. Keep staff productively engaged. Allocate and label produce for different sites. Keep space clean and organized.
- Washroom equipment operation, maintenance, and oversight. Includes forklift, pallet jack, rinse conveyor, and brush and barrel washers.
- Use spreadsheets, invoices, logs, and labeling software
Please send inquiries to Ray at email@example.com.