Internship: Communications Intern – CISA
CISA welcomes interns to work and learn with us. Most of our internships are unpaid, but if you are a student we will work with your school to help you get credit, participate in a school-funded internship program, or earn work-study hours.
If you are interested in an internship for this or future semesters, please send your resume and a cover letter to Jennifer.
Qualifications: Skilled in conducting research, interest in local agriculture and food, comfortable talking on telephone, well-organized, ability to present data clearly, experience with Excel, and access to own transportation required (we are on the PVTA and FRTA bus lines).
This internship is a great way to learn about how CISA communicates. CISA uses Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, and publishes two monthly email newsletters – one for community members and one for Local Hero farm and business members. In addition to outreach, this position also provides support for our staffer working on farmers’ markets and our Senior FarmShare program (which provides low income seniors with access to a free mini-CSA share!). We are looking for someone who is a thorough researcher, good writer, and (ideally) has some experience with photo manipulation (Adobe Photoshop etc.) to:
1) Assist in maintaining CISA’s website;
2) Maintain CISA’s media tracking system;
3) Research and write articles for enews and website, including profiles of Local Hero members;
4) Support staffer in outreach to farmers markets regarding SNAP and on Senior FarmShare; and
5) Review and make recommendations on CISA’s social and online media outreach.