Kids’ School Lunch Recipes: Peach Fruit Leather
With fresh peaches, you can make your own delicious fruit leather from scratch. It tastes better and is healthier than it’s store bought cousin. This recipe was developed by local cookbook author Deanna Cook and featured on Mass Appeal — see the segment here!
- Preheat the oven to 200*. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Pit and slice the peaches (you can leave the skins on). Place in the bowl of a food processor. Add the honey and process until as smooth as applesauce.
- Pour the fruit over the parchment paper. Evenly spread with the back of a spoon into a thin, large rectangle.
- Bake for 3 to 4 hours until the fruit feels dry and no longer sticky. Cool for 2 to 3 hours to soften.
- Peel the fruit leather off the parchment paper and transfer to a cutting board. Cut with a pizza cutter into strips. To store, roll up each ribbon into plastic wrap. Makes about 12 to 14 pieces.