Local Ingredients for School Lunches: Chicken, Corn, and Tomato Wrap
Chicken, Corn & Tomato Wraps
From EatingWell: July/August 2011 recipe altered slightly
Fresh corn kernels, tomatoes and lettuce fill these hearty chicken wraps. Serve with carrot sticks, yummy pepper or other crunchy vegetables plus your favorite creamy dressing.
4 servings | Active Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup local corn kernels, fresh (see Tip)
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh tomato (different heirloom tomatoes make it look nice)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- Cooked Chicken cut in squares (about 8 ounces)
- 4 8-inch whole-wheat tortillas
- 2 cups chopped lettuce
- Combine corn, tomato, oil and vinegar in a medium bowl.
- Divide chicken among tortillas. Top with equal portions of the corn salad and lettuce. Roll up. Serve the wraps cut in half or quarters, if desired.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To remove corn kernels from the cob, stand an ear of corn on one end and slice the kernels off with a sharp knife. One ear will yield about 1/2 cup kernels.