MassAppeal: Celebrate National Dairy Month!
WWLP, June 26, 2018.
June is National Dairy Month, and something you may not be aware of, is the abundance of dairy farming and local dairy in Western Massachusetts. Claire Morenon, Communications Manager with CISA visited the show to make Maple Panna Cotta.
Maple Panna Cotta
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 ½ teaspoons unflavored gelatin (1 standard package)
- 1/3 cup local maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- In a small saucepan, mix half of the heavy cream with gelatin and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Stir over medium-low heat until dissolved.
- In a separate saucepan, combine remaining cream, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Heat over medium heat until steaming, then remove from heat, and stir in gelatin mixture and milk.
- Pour into small ramekins or souffle dish, cover, and refrigerate a minimum of four hours. Turn out onto plate to serve.