Opportunity: Cooperative Farming Partnership – Gray Dogs Farm
Farm as an owner-worker! Own your own farm business! Help build a sustainable community! We are re-envisioning our farm and want to create it as a Worker Owned Cooperative. We have worked hard to establish Gray Dogs Farm and its infrastructure and now we are getting closer to retirement. We are seeking farmer / partners in this venture.
Presently we are a Hilltown farm (+\- 100 acres: 1 1/2 acres veggie ground, 35 to 50 acres pasture and the rest woodlands in Huntington, MA) with a successful history of raising pastured, grass fed animals (beef, pigs, sheep and goats, broiler chickens and egg layers) and marketing through a CSA and Farmers Markets in the valley.
Ours is a Holistic Management / Regenerative-Restorative / Permaculture agricultural orientation that we have used for ten years. Our goal is a worker owned cooperative running a sustainable farm with food security, community and education as priorities. We imagine our customer base as a Consumer Cooperative Grass-fed Meat CSA.
This an opportunity to be a farmer, learn farming, own your own business, and share the responsibility and work with like minded individuals. We have the infrastructure buildings and equipment, sheep, goats and cows already on-site as well as experience. We imagine a five to eight member cooperative doing this business. Group or couples are welcome to come with ideas.
It is preferable you:
- Are interested in the worker-cooperative business model
- Are willing to buy into the farm (flexibility and payment plans available)
- Would like to work with animals, silvopasture, rotational grazing and other animal based farming techniques
- Have farming education and previous farm experience, but not necessary
- Have marketing and CSA experience, but not necessary
It is required that you:
- Are enthusiastic about farming and all that it entails (long hours, work outdoors in all conditions, working with large machinery, thrive in a team environment, enjoy physical challenges, a quick learner)
- Have a driver’s license
- Live near Huntington MA or be willing to be on the farm at all or most hours
- Do not rely on this opportunity for income (for now)
If you would seriously consider this opportunity please call Ross Hackerson at Gray Dogs Farm, 413-210-3739 or email at email@example.com