Quadruple Chocolate Slam Cake
A recipe from Madison Adams for the Local Hero Challenge Recipe Contest. A great example of how you can use local ingredients in all recipes!
- 1 package Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- 1 c. sour cream
- 3/4 c. Mapleline Farms Chocolate Milk
- 1/3 c. oil
- 3 Diemand Farm Med. Brown Eggs
- 1 1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Chocolate Icing (recipe below)
Directions: Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans or one 9X13 rectangle cake pan. In large bowl, combine cake mix, sour cream, water, oil and eggs at low speed until moistened. Beat 2 minutes at highest speed. Stir in 1 cup of the chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes, remove from pans. Cool completely. Frost cake and top with additional 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3-4 tablespoons Mapleline Farms milk
Whip butter and cocoa together until smooth in large bowl. Stir in vanilla and powdered sugar. Slowly stir in milk until frosting reaches desired consistency.