Request for Proposals: Regenerative farming and farm-to-table café business opportunities
The Village at Stone Barn is seeking farm and café partners for business operations at the nation’s first regenerative agrihood, situated in beautiful Peterborough, New Hampshire. This is an incredible opportunity for dreaming, scheming, roll up ‘yer sleeves kind of people. The farm is located in a clustered, net zero housing development, sited on 32 acres, with a pond, wetlands, woods, and walking trails.. Experimental, innovative regenerative farming and cooking is welcome! We are looking for creative doers, people who are enthusiastic about making the farm and café viable businesses.
The farm and café can be operated as independent enterprises, but will be connected through participation in an onsite currency called Barn Bucks, which is a CSA currency that residents and community members can join. Barn Bucks will be applied to farm and value-add products, restaurant meals, and on-site fee-based activities and events. The currency enables the farm and café to plan annual operations and get capitalized before production seasons kick off. It also enables both enterprises to operate year-round despite seasonal fluctuations.
Farm & Café Manager opportunities come with many benefits, including:
- Flexibility and creativity to create original business and ongoing operations
- Active role in stewarding Village at Stone Barn’s land and vision
- Existing customer base on site
- Iconic property with increasing community attention and press
- Extraordinarily beautiful place to work
- Barn Bucks stipend to be used at café, and free produce from farm
- Partnerships/mentorships with regional producers
- Support for professional development – e.g. courses through neversinkfarm.com
Low-cost onsite housing and opportunities for additional revenue via management of broader condo community are also available.
For more details visit: https://www.conducivelife.com/opportunities/
Proposals due September 30, 2018. Email firstname.lastname@example.org