Enroll: Farmers & Farmer Coops
Restricted to businesses that grow, harvest, and market their own agricultural products as more than 50% of their economic activity.
If you are a renewing Local Hero member, click here to fill out our year-end survey BEFORE you enroll. Completing the survey will give you a discount code to enter at checkout for a $10 savings.
Local Hero membership benefits
All members benefit from CISA’s aggressive advertising and marketing campaign and promotion of our trademarked slogan Be a Local Hero, Buy Locally Grown® and Local Hero logo.
Bronze ($150) benefits include:
- Permission to use the Local Hero logo
- Listing in the searchable online Farm Products Guide
- Starter kit of Local Hero price cards and stickers
- A “We are a Local Hero Farm” sign for new members
- Access to additional low-cost Local Hero supplies and merchandise. See more information here.
- Access to CISA marketing expertise and technical assistance
- Members-only networking events
- Monthly members-only e-newsletters
- Discounts on CISA workshops, and events, and products
- Discounts on newspaper and radio advertising and Pioneer Valley Local First membership, graphic design, and ServSafe training. See more information here.
- Eligibility to serve on CISA’s board and committees
- Eligibility to apply for Grinspoon farm grants
- CISA staff will review ad copy, materials, grants, etc. if needed
- Priority opportunity to participate in CISA’s annual fundraising event
- Opportunity to promote your farm festival or event on CISA’s website and e-newsletter
Silver ($240) benefits include:
All the benefits of bronze membership, PLUS:
- Free Local Hero stickers and price cards up to 100 rolls of stickers and 1,500 price cards
- 50% off client facility fee at Western MA Food Processing Center. See more information here.
Discounts to lower your membership fee!
Year-End Survey: Complete our survey for a $10 discount!
Early Bird: Get $20 off if you complete your registration by 2/17/20.
Recruitment: Get $20 off if you recruit a new member (they must join by 3/13/20 and mention your referral).
Advertising: Get $20 off if you used the Local Hero logo or slogan in a paid ad in 2019 and send us a copy of the ad or radio script.
Multiple listings or memberships
If you have more than one farm stand you can get them listed in the Farm Products Guide for an additional $50 per listing. If you own one or more eligible non-farm businesses, or if you want your farm listed in multiple sections of the online Farm Products Guide, you may be eligible for additional savings per Local Hero membership. See here for more details on pricing on multiple listings, or contact Zoey at 413-665-7100 x27.