Enroll: Specialty Producers
Restricted to businesses that use 50 percent or more locally grown ingredients/materials in their value-added products.
If you are a renewing Local Hero member, click here to fill out our year-end survey BEFORE you enroll. Completing the survey will give you a discount code to enter at checkout for a $10 savings.
Local Hero membership benefits
All members benefit from CISA’s aggressive advertising and marketing campaign and promotion of our trademarked slogan Be a Local Hero, Buy Locally Grown® and Local Hero logo. Determine your tier eligibility and and learn more about bronze and silver membership level benefits below.
Step 1: Determine your tier eligibility
Tier 1 – business eligibility:
You should join as a business member if at least 25% of your entire product line consists of products containing 50% or more locally grown ingredients or materials. Business members may use the Local Hero logo in general marketing for their business as a whole, in addition to using the logo on any products that meet the 50% criteria. CISA will measure your 50% or more locally grown ingredients/materials in your value-added products using one of the following:
- 50% of the ingredients volume come from local farms
- 50% of the weight of your ingredients come from local farms
- or 50% of the value of your ingredients come from local farms
Tier 2 – product-only eligibility:
You should join as a product-only member if you have individual products that contain 50% or more locally grown ingredients or materials, and these products make up less than 25% of your product line. Product-only members may use the Local Hero logo on any products that meet the 50% criteria. They may not use the logo in general marketing for their business as a whole.
Step 2: Select your membership level
Bronze ($150) benefits include:
- Permission to use the Local Hero logo
- Listing in the searchable online Farm Products Guide
- Starter kit of Local Hero price cards and stickers
- A “We Support Local Agriculture” sign for new members
- Access to additional low-cost Local Hero supplies and merchandise. See more information here.
- Access to CISA marketing expertise and technical assistance
- Members-only networking events
- Monthly members-only e-newsletters
- Discounts on CISA workshops, and events, and products
- Discounts on newspaper and radio advertising and Pioneer Valley Local First membership, graphic design, and ServSafe training. See more information here.
- Eligibility to serve on CISA’s board and committees
- Eligibility to apply for Grinspoon farm grants
- CISA staff will review ad copy, materials, grants, etc. if needed
- Priority opportunity to participate in CISA’s annual fundraising event
- Opportunity to promote your farm festival or event on CISA’s website and e-newsletter
Silver ($240) benefits include:
All the benefits of bronze membership, PLUS:
- Free Local Hero stickers and price cards up to 100 rolls of stickers and 1,500 price cards
- 50% off client facility fee at Western MA Food Processing Center. See more information here.
Discounts to lower your membership fee!
Year-end Survey: Complete our survey for a $10 discount!
Early Bird: Get $20 off if you complete your registration by 2/17/20.
Recruitment: Get $20 off if you recruit a new member (they must join by 3/13/20 and mention your referral).
Advertising: Get $20 off if you used the Local Hero logo or slogan in a paid ad in 2019 and send us a copy of the ad or radio script.
Multiple listings or memberships
You can list other businesses you own at a discount. If you have a farm stand you can get it listed for an additional $50. For prices and more information on multiple listings, see here or contact Zoey at 413-665-7100 x27.