Local Hero Member Discounts
Being part of the Local Hero campaign allows you to take advantage of many discounts we have negotiated with local newspapers, magazines, radio stations, and partner organizations. Learn more about these discounts below, and enroll by clicking on the link that corresponds to your membership category on the right-hand side of this page.
Discounts for advertising
- Radio: There are Local Hero member discount packages for multiple radio stations. Contact Keith Filippelli at 413-781-1011 for more details and to take advantage of the discounts.
- For KIX 100.9 FM and MIX 93.1 – The discount options are as follows: Monday-Friday 6am-7pm for a 30-second commercial cost is $50 per commercial on MIX 93.1 WHYN-FM and $45 on KIX Country WRNX-FM. Saturday/Sunday 6am-7pm are $20 for both stations per spot and evenings 7pm-midnight are $15 for both stations per spot. This discount is for new contracts only.
- For NewsRadio 560 WHYN-AM the Local Hero discounted rate for a 30-second commercial Monday-Friday 6am-7pm is $35, Saturday-Sunday 6am-7pm is $15, and all days from 7pm-Midnight is $10.
- For 97.3 The Beat – Springfield’s Hip Hop R&B station the Local Hero discounted rate for a 30-second commercial is Monday-Friday 6am-7pm is $25, Saturday-Sunday 6am-7pm is $15, and all days from 7pm-Midnight is $10.
- Turley Publications: Advertise in any of the Turley publications and receive a 15% discount when you advise the sales representative that you are a CISA Local Hero member. (Turley publications include: Ware River News, Barre Gazette, The Journal Register, Agawam News, The Sentinel, The Holyoke Sun, The Chicopee Register, and more. See full list here).
- The Daily Hampshire Gazette:
- New accounts: Save 25% on advertising rates with use of the Local Hero logo in the ad. Restaurant Guide Advertising: New advertisers to the guide receive a 15% discount off published costs for a half-page or full-page ad.
- Existing accounts: For every two ads scheduled within a 6-day period get a third ad FREE with use of the Local Hero logo in the ad.
- The Recorder: New accounts with The Recorder save 25% on advertising rates with use of the Local Hero logo in the ad.
- The Shelburne Falls Independent & West County News: New accounts will receive a one-time special: one free 1/8-page ad worth $100. Members across the board save 10% on each ad they buy. Additional discounts apply for multiple ad buys and pre-payment!
- The Valley Advocate: New and existing accounts with The Valley Advocate save 20% on advertising rates with use of Local Hero logo in the ad.
Discounts with partner organizations
- Pioneer Valley Local First: Local Hero members receive a 15% discount off the cost of membership at Pioneer Valley Local First.
- Western MA Food Processing Center: This is a special discount for silver level Local Hero members only. Silver level members receive 50% off the client facility fee at the Western MA Food Processing Center.
- The Homegrown Studio: Local Hero members receive 15% off any graphic design or branding project through The Homegrown Studio. The Homegrown Studio specializes in creative marketing for local farms and small businesses.
- Unblemished LLC: Local Hero restaurants in Hampden and Hampshire Counties are entitled to a free remote assessment of their food waste disposal needs by Unblemished LLC. Unblemished LLC offers food waste collection and composting services to restaurants and other small food businesses to help reach compliance with MA food waste diversion laws.