Local Hero Member Discounts
Being part of the Local Hero campaign allows you to take advantage of many discounts we have negotiated with local newspapers, magazines, radio stations, and partner organizations. Learn more about these discounts below, and enroll by clicking on the link that corresponds to your membership category on the right-hand side of this page.
Discounts for advertising
- KIX 100.9 FM and MIX 93.1 Radio: There are Local Hero member discount packages from KIX 100.9 FM and MIX 93.1. Contact Holly Bardin at 413-781-1011 ext. 290 to take advantage of the discounts. This discount is for new contracts only. The discount options are as follows: Monday-Friday 6am-7pm for a 30-second commercial cost is $50 per commercial on MIX 93.1 WHYN-FM and $45 on KIX Country WRNX-FM. Saturday/Sunday 6am-7pm are $20 for both stations per spot and evenings 7pm-midnight are $15 for both stations per spot.
- Turley Publications: Advertise in any of the Turley publications and receive a 15% discount when you advise the sales representative that you are a CISA Local Hero member.
- The Daily Hampshire Gazette:
- New accounts: Save 25% on advertising rates with use of the Local Hero logo in the ad. Restaurant Guide Advertising: New advertisers to the guide receive a 15% discount off published costs for a half-page or full-page ad.
- Existing accounts: For every two ads scheduled within a 6-day period get a third ad FREE with use of the Local Hero logo in the ad.
- The Recorder: New accounts with The Recorder save 25% on advertising rates with use of the Local Hero logo in the ad.
- The Shelburne Falls & West County Independent: New accounts will receive a one-time special: one free 1/8-page ad worth $100. Members across the board save 10% on each ad they buy. Additional discounts apply for multiple ad buys and pre-payment!
- The Valley Advocate: New and existing accounts with The Valley Advocate save 20% on advertising rates with use of Local Hero logo in the ad.
Discounts with partner organizations
- Pioneer Valley Local First: Local Hero members receive a 15% discount off the cost of membership at Pioneer Valley Local First.
- Wheelwright Consultants: Local Hero members receive a 10% discount on ServSafe training through Wheelwright Consultants.
- Western MA Food Processing Center: This is a special discount for silver level Local Hero members only. Silver level members receive 50% off the client facility fee at the Western MA Food Processing Center. More information on rates can be found here.
- The Homegrown Studio: Local Hero members receive 15% off any graphic design or branding project through The Homegrown Studio. The Homegrown Studio specializes in creative marketing for local farms and small businesses.