- Poultry processing and training resources, including online and hands on training, processing resources, a handbook for Small-Scale Poultry Producer-Processors, the “Mobile Poultry Processing Unit Farm & Food Safety Management Guide”, and a video on On-Farm Poultry Processing.
- Eastern Massachusetts Mobile Poultry Processing Unit (MPPU) which is available for rent by farmers with a MA state slaughter license. Link includes contact information as a resource.
- Poultry Profit Calculator that compares the cost of renting the MPPU against taking your birds to a custom facility.
Here are some articles and other resources regarding poultry slaughter and processing
- Boston Radio Mobile Slaughterhouse Keeps Local Farmers Moving. http://radioboston.wbur.org/2011/09/12/slaughtering-local-poultry
- USDA annual report on statistics regarding poultry slaughter http://usda.mannlib.cornell.edu/MannUsda/viewDocumentInfo.do?documentID=1131
- Beginning Farmer Network On-Farm Poultry Processing http://bfnmass.org/blog/farm-poultry-processing
- PDF created by New Entry Sustainable Farming Project entitled: Buiding an On-Farm Poultry Processing Facility. “A guide to planning and constructing a MPPU or stationary poultry processing facility on your farm” http://www.sare.org/content/download/67272/952270/file/MPPU%20Replication%20Guide.pdf