The Northeast Organic Farming Association’s Summer Conference is the community learning hub of the NOFA universe. We learn, we play, and we enjoy a weekend of skill building, inspiration and entertainment. It is our opportunity to get together and inspire one another during a family friendly weekend with people living the same lifestyle, holding the same vision and working respectively in many ways toward the same goals.
At the NOFA summer conference, you may learn as much across a lunch table as you will at workshops; solve your most pressing challenge in a chance discussion with a stranger; or create the spark that is going to be your next big idea. Children and Teens also have their own conference experience with a parade, workshops and activities that build their organic vision for the future.
Join 1200 people for a three-day celebration of the organic movement. Here learning is a community action – with amazing farmers, presenters, seminars, workshops, food and fun. Immerse yourself in a community of like-minded practitioners and curious learners eager to share their inspiration and ideas for organic food, farming, health, activism, and beyond.
This year’s keynoters have a passion for solutions! Leah Penniman, food justice activist and farmer at Soul Fire Farm and Andre Leu, international organic agronomist and President of IFOAM – Organics International.
We’re offering five intensive seminars before the conference begins, featuring…
- Digestive Wellness: A Gut Feeling
- High Tunnels: From Three Seasons to Four
- The Nourishing Homestead
- The Art and Science of Grazing
- egenerative Agriculture and Soil Carbon
and 200 workshops, including…
- Landscaping to Support Pollinators & Other Beneficial Insects
- Commercial Organic Seedling Production
- Small Batch Vegetable Fermentation and Recipe Development
- Financial Planning & Management for Diversified Farms
- Cover Crops For The Small Vegetable Farm
- Finding, Assessing, and Securing Farmland
- Pastured Poultry Production Methods
- Urban Agriculture Composting
- Farm to School: Getting Kids Excited about Eating Vegetables!
- Creative Ways to Make the Most of Your Urban and Suburban Garden
- Plus workshops for youth in our Children and Teens Conferences!
Click here for a full list of the workshops
Click here to register! We want as many as possible to be able to attend, regardless of income! Work exchange and scholarship opportunities are available, as are discounts for groups of five or more and multiple children from the same family.