Join Fungi Ally in this fall Outdoor Mushroom Cultivation Workshop:
What you will be learning:
- Mushroom lifecycles- how mushrooms grow, specifically basidiomycetes.
- Ecological roles- The different roles fungi play in our ecosystems and how we can work with that information to connect more deeply to nature.
- History of Fungi
- Intro to Mushroom Cultivation. The basics to every method of mushroom cultviation.
- Mushroom Medicinals
- Mushroom Log Cultivation- How to grow shiitake, oyster, lions mane and other mushrooms in logs. This is a technique used for centuries that is easy to do and extremely fruitful. All participants will go home with an inoculated log.
- Mushroom Bed Inoculation- Growing Wine cap or King Stropharia in a garden or yard is very easy to do. Once the mycelium becomes established it can be extensively expanded year after year. We will go over this mushroom and the process of cultivating it.
- And more!