A drop-in information session where you can get your farm, farm stand or farmers’ market authorized for SNAP (formerly food stamps) and receive your USDA FNS Number the very same day! Drop in any time between 9am and 5pm.
Here you can:
- Get your farm, farm stand or farmers’ market authorized for SNAP (formerly food stamps) and receive you FNS Number the very same day! USDA staff will be on site to walk you through the process and assist with your application.
- Learn about other resources available.
If you intend on getting an FNS (SNAP) number, please bring copies of the following documents which will be attached to your application:
- Picture ID (driver’s license or passport).
- Social Security Card (or other official document with your name and SSN).
- Copy of voided check for bank account you will use to deposit funds.
For non-profit 501(c)(3) Only
Farmers Markets operated/sponsored by a non-profit are the ONLY applicants that are not required to submit verification of Social Security number for corporate officers/board members.
- Copy of the IRS Determination Letter stating the organization is a 501(c)(3). A (C)(4) and (C)(6) will not be accepted.
- Letter from the sponsoring agency stating that they are sponsoring the farmers market and who they have appointed as their legal representative to operate the farmers market.
- The application must be signed by a corporate officer or a board member.
For Government Owned/Operated Farmers Markets Only
- Copy of the City/Town IRS EIN/TIN Tax Exempt Letter.
- City/Town Official must sign the Application Certification Page.
No personal information is required or needed