Hiring: Field Crew and Tractor Operator – Riverland Farm
Riverland Farm is hiring for two positions. Please share if you know anyone who may be interested. They are especially in need of a tractor operator and are willing to be flexible with the schedule.
Field Crew (48-65 hrs/week):
Runs ASAP — Nov 21st with possibility to continue into December
(must be able to work full time through November)
Applicants with prior farm experience preferred. The person in this position will fill out their core staff. This is a full-time position. Hours vary with the season but are generally between 48 and 65 hours weekly (5 and ½ day schedule Mon. – Fri. 1/2 day Sat on a rotational basis). While this is not an apprenticeship you can expect to learn a lot about running a diversified organic vegetable farm. This is a very physically demanding job. Employees in this position will be exposed to and be responsible for carrying out work in all aspects of our farm operation including but not limited to transplant production, transplanting by hand and machine, hoeing, hand weeding, managing row cover, harvesting, washing and packing produce, operating farm vehicles. Starting pay is $10/hr. The link to the Craiglist post is here .
Tractor Operator (30 hrs/week):
Start work ASAP
Pay and Benefits
• Pay commensurate with experience starting at $12/ hr paid bi weekly
• Vegetables for personal use, canning, and freezing
• Farm products at cost
Areas of Responsibility
• Equipment Operation
1. Operation of high clearance Kubota M9000, Allis Chalmers G, and if needed Case 265 or New Holland TS6030. Performing whatever tractor tasks are called for in a given day.
2. Main tractor responsibilities will include cultivation, transplanting, and harvest
3. Keeping a close eye on how equipment is running and performing general maintenance tasks as needed.
4. Reporting any equipment issues with the equipment as they arise.
• Equipment Repair
1. Routine maintenance of implements (i.e. greasing etc)
2. General repair of minor implement issues
3. General repair of minor tractor issues
• Truck Maintenance
1. Weekly check of all the fluids in each vehicle and top off if necessary
2. Inspection of vehicles for any issues or deterioration
3. General Truck maintenance and basic repairs
• Buildings and Grounds
1. Weekly weed wacking implement row, tobacco barn areas, share room areas
2. Mowing of field edges and shareroom areas
3. General repair of any minor building issues.
In addition to these specific responsibilities this position also requires working in several other aspects of the crop production operation and working closely with the rest of the farm crew.
Applicants for this position must be well versed in tractor operation. Minimum 1 experience hooking up and operating equipment on a commercial vegetable farm required.
Send resume detailing any relevant experience to Rob Lynch. The link to the Craiglist post is here.