Hiring: Greenhouse Assistant Manager – Harvest Farm of Whately
Harvest Farm grows vegetable plants, flowering plants and herbs to greenhouse and outdoor growers. We also sell greenhouse supplies. We have a few job opportunities for individuals with advanced greenhouse management skills that include:
Greenhouse Manager’s Assistant:
- order entry into computer database
- vegetative cutting and seed propagation experience
- crew management – you will have skilled, experienced people helping you
- customer service – in person
- sell plants and supplies
- make sales calls
- take and fill orders, tag and set aside special orders
- Lift 20-50 lbs.
- Be quick on your feet, stand and walk for long periods of time
- focus on herbs and bedding plants, i.e. watering and feeding
- coordinate order management and inventory
- English fluency required
- 40+ per week, usually 2 days off per week, 8-9 hours per day. Hourly rate $12-$13/hour. Begin February to the end of June.
- Opportunity to grow some of your own projects
Some training, mentoring and consultation will be available.
Please reply via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include your resume and phone number.