Hiring: Market Operator – Go Fresh! Mobile Farmers’ Market
Nuestras Raíces is seeking a Market Operator for the 2016 season of the Go Fresh! Mobile Farmers’ Market. The Mobile Market is a farmer’s market on wheels that provides access to healthy food to residents of Springfield. At each market stop, a ‘pop-up’ farmers market is created where customers can browse and purchase produce. The Mobile Market usual stays at each stop for 1 hour and makes 3-4 stops per day.
The Market Operator will work under the supervision of the Market Manager and is responsible for providing excellent customer service and assisting in the daily operations of the market. The Market Operator should be willing and able to work in this fast-paced, customer-focused environment. Specific responsibilities include:
- Setting up and breaking down the market at each stop. This includes carrying heavy crates of fruits and vegetables (~30 lbs.), and setting up tables and tents.
- Stocking and maintaining the appearance of the produce display
- Working the register and handling cash and other payment systems
- Providing excellent customer service
- Organizing and cleaning the market vehicle
- Assisting the manager in produce ordering and sales tracking
- The Market Operator position requires reliable transport to and from either West Springfield or Holyoke and the ability to drive a small bus (no special license required).
Hours and Pay
The Mobile Market runs Wednesday – Saturday from July 6th through October 29th. Hours vary by day but general work hours will be 9:30am – 3:00pm. Total weekly hours will generally be between 20-25 hours. The hourly wage for this position is $15/hour.
Please send an email to email@example.com with an attached résumé and a short description of why this job is a good fit for you. Applications are appreciated by July 1st and will be considered on a rolling basis.