Hiring: Program Coordinator – CISA
Job Opening: Program Coordinator, Farm Business Support
Status: Full-time 40 hours/week
Time Frame: Review begins August 17, 2016, position open until filled.
Community Involved in Sustaining Agriculture (CISA) is a non-profit organization that strengthens farms and engages the community to build the local food economy. Our programs include the Be a Local Hero, Buy Locally Grown® marketing campaign, educational activities for the public, technical assistance trainings and workshops for farmers, and programs to expand market options for farmers and increase access to local food for all communities in our region.
The Program Coordinator for Farm Business Support will implement our farm business support programs. This position will coordinate a multifaceted technical assistance and support program for Beginning Farmers with less than 10 years of experience and participate in the Farm and Business support team, providing direct technical assistance and resources to farms and food businesses.
Duties and responsibilities will include supporting the following activities:
- Plan and implement workshops, tours, networking meetings and/or training sessions primarily for beginning farmers;
- Coordinate outreach activities to farmers about educational offerings;
- Provide troubleshooting, advice, and referrals to farms and businesses;
- Coordinate support and assistance for farmers and related business owners, connecting them with technical assistance providers, staff, or experts;
- Maintain and develop strategic partnerships with other technical assistance providers;
- Provide assistance to farms and businesses on business and financial planning;
- Serve as a member of the Local Hero team, performing activities such as:
- Serve as liaison and conduct outreach to Local Hero members;
- Foster and strengthen CISA’s relationship with farms, institutions, retailers, and restaurants;
- Identify prospects and recruit farms and businesses to the Local Hero program.
- Maintain filing systems and databases;
- Provide support for mailings, email communication, and telephone outreach;
- Build awareness about CISA and the Be A Local Hero, Buy Locally Grown® program among potential Local Hero membership groups and the community;
- Perform other duties as requested.
REPORTING and SUPERVISION
This position reports to the Local Hero Program Manager.
We’re looking for an organized, outgoing person. Other qualifications include:
- Ability to work independently and with a team; organized and self-motivated;
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and prioritize workload and meeting deadlines;
- Ability to work with people of various backgrounds
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English;
- Understanding issues related to farming and farm businesses in this region;
- Experience with training and/or education that is transferable/relevant to our audience of small-scale business owners;
- Ability to work creatively, collaboratively, and to take initiative;
- Networking experience, sales, and outreach experience;
- Familiarity and proficiency with office computing and equipment (MS Windows and Office platforms, especially Excel), databases, and file sharing;
- Commitment to CISA’s mission to strengthen farms and engage the community to build the local food economy.
- Understanding of farm business structures, business planning, and financial planning;
- Experience in the sustainable agriculture field;
- Familiarity with Hampden County;
- Written and oral communication skills in Spanish;
Hours and compensation: This is a full-time salaried position paying $37,000-40,000, depending on experience. Health care and benefits provided. Access to transportation and some weekend and evening availability are required.
CISA is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please send cover letter and resume to Jennifer Williams or mail to CISA, One Sugarloaf Street, South Deerfield, MA 01373. Review begins August 17, 2016, position open until filled. Expected start date October, 2016.