Hiring: Director of Operations – UMass Center for Agriculture, Food & The Environment
UMass Amherst, the flagship campus of the University of Massachusetts system, sits on nearly 1,450-acres in the scenic Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, 90 miles from Boston and 175 miles from New York City. The campus provides a rich cultural environment in a rural setting close to major urban centers.
Support the research and public service mission of the Center for Agriculture, Food and the Environment (CAFE) in the College of Natural Sciences, by planning and managing activities pertaining to teaching, research and outreach on the farms and off-campus office facilities. Direct and supervise the daily operations of the farms including production activities, maintenance, and fiscal management of these facilities and the hiring, management and supervision of farm employees.
- Master’s degree in agricultural, biological, engineering, education or business management or related field.
- Three years farm management experience including supervisory methods and practices. (Additional experience preferred.)
- Supervisory experience of multiple staff.
- Experience planning and implementing budgets.
- Knowledge of safe equipment operation procedures.
- Computer, interpersonal, communication, and supervisory skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Required to work some nights and weekends.
- Experience in land or property management.
- Academic experience in agricultural research and Extension.
- Experience with farm equipment operation and maintenance.
PROFESSIONAL STAFF SALARY ADMINISTRATION PROGRAM POSITION LEVEL 29
See: http://www.umass.edu/humres/sites/default/files/2015 PSU Salary Schedule.pdf
Applicants should apply by the priority deadline of January 27, 2016 in order to ensure consideration. Search will remain open until position is filled. To apply provide a letter of application, resume and contact information for three professional references.
The University of Massachusetts is committed to a policy of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or genetic information in employment, admission to and participation in academic programs, activities, and services, and the selection of vendors who provide services or products to the University. To fulfill that policy, the University of Massachusetts is further committed to a program of affirmative action to eliminate or mitigate artificial barriers and to increase opportunities for the recruitment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and covered veterans.
For more info and to apply; visit our website