Hiring: Head Cheese Maker – Cricket Creek Farm
Cricket Creek Farm is looking for a cheese maker to join their team in making their award winning farmstead artisanal cheeses.
Head Cheese Maker must have experience making a variety of hard and soft cheeses, and experience in sanitation and maintenance of a creamery. Work includes involvement in all aspects of running our farmstead creamery.
- Work with existing staff in a collaborative team environment, providing leadership and structure in the creamery.
- Lead the production of all the cheeses in current repertoire (8 cheeses).
- Following the maintenance and sanitation protocols.
- Helping to teach apprentices all facets of cheese making
- Troubleshoot recipes/inconsistencies with the products as needed and help apprentices refine their practices and work out problems with the cheeses as appropriate.
- Maintaining all required records, inventories, recipes, and data collected.
- Bringing an upbeat and positive attitude, being a leader on the farm. The person in this position is expected to always be on time, always stick to a schedule, help keep apprentices on track, and bring positive energy and enthusiasm to work every day.
- 1-2 years of cheese making experience
- Very much in love with cheese
- Excited about the opportunity to work at a small and growing company
Compensation: A modest salary, some food, and possibly housing (to be determined).
Communication: Communication is of paramount importance here. Cricket Creek strives to create a work environment that is comfortable, open, clear, and honest for everyone. Every week they have a staff meeting, during which everyone sits down together to review the week and any upcoming news. During this meeting everyone shares personal highlights and difficulties of the previous week. It is also an opportunity to openly discuss any farm happenings.
Length of commitment: Looking for at least a year commitment, but ideally seeking a candidate that is interested in a long-term position.