Attendees of this workshop will:
- Learn about insect biology and use microscopy to understand how insect pests damage crops.
- Learn about insecticide modes of action, resistance issues in common New England pests, and how to avoid them, as well as ways to protect beneficial insects and pollinators.
- Get updated on recent research results in insect management in the Northeast.
- Leave class with a complete Integrated Pest Management plan for managing insects tailored to your farm.
*4 pesticide recertification credits are available for this workshop.
- Anna Wallingford, University of New Hampshire Entomology & IPM Extension Specialist
- Sue Scheufele, UMass Extension Vegetable Program
$30, includes lunch and parking. Limited to 25 attendees. Pre-registration required: Click here to register for this event online. To register by phone, please call the UMass Vegetable Program at (413) 577-3976.
Mail payment or pay at the door. Bulk payments may be made if you are attending more than one workshop in this series or if you are paying for multiple attendees. Please make checks out to “UMass” and send to:UMass Extension Vegetable Program
230 Stockbridge Rd.
French Hall Room 306
Amherst, MA 01003
Questions? Contact the UMass Vegetable Program, firstname.lastname@example.org, (413) 577-3976.