This workshop is Part 2 of a 2-part soils workshop, but you do not need to attend Part 1 in order to attend Part 2, and vice versa. Part 1 will be held in Amherst, MA on February 26, 2019. For information about Part 1: Soil Testing & Nutrient Management Planning, click here.
Attendees of this workshop will:
- Learn to use the online farmOS recordkeeping system
- Develop or complete a Vermont RAPs-compliant nutrient management plan using farmOS software
- Learn about the impact excess nutrients have on the environment
- Work in small groups with technical service providers to interpret soil test results, calculate nutrients, and choose soil amendments
- Hear from other farmers about their soil health strategies
- Brandon Smith, NRCS National Soil Health Team Leader
- Becky Maden, Extension Educator, University of Vermont Extension
Click here to register online for this event. This workshop is free–coffee and snacks provided, but please bring money or your own lunch.
Water quality credits for Certified Small Farm Operations are available for attendees.
To request a disability-related accommodation to participate in this program, please contact Becky Maden at 802-773-3349×277 by January 29 so we may assist you.
This event is co-sponsored by the Universities of Massachusetts and Vermont Extensions.