- This event has passed.
Third Annual Northeast Gathering on Domestic Fair Trade
August 11, 2017 @ 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
Friday August 11, 2017 8:30 a.m. – 12 noon
Hampshire College, Amherst, Mass (room to be announced)
At the summer’s Free Open Meeting, held in conjunction with the annual NOFA SUMMER CONFERENCE scheduled for that weekend, we invite activists from the Northeast Region who are engaged in projects and organizing efforts that come under the broad heading of Domestic Fair Trade to come together to share their work and ideas and to discuss possible collaboration for the immediate future.
Who should come?
We welcome farm workers, farmers, food system workers, processors, manufacturers, worker organizers, farmer organizers, cooperative organizers, visionaries, and allies. Consider attending if your work (paid or volunteer) involves fairer wages, safer work, fairer prices, ethical trading, making the food system environmentally, economically, and socially just, sustainable, and humane.
Our mix of attendees assures a strong update of the current state of the landscape in our region; who is working with whom; who should we be inviting to join us in our work and what may be the most promising areas for collaboration moving forward.
Extended Special Reports on:
- The Agricultural Justice Project’s emerging efforts in New England;
- Migrant Justice’s campaign to support dairy farm workers in Vermont;
- Farmworker activities in upstate New York;
- The newly-launched pilot initiative between Red Tomato, a Northeast marketer of fresh produce, and the Equitable Food Initiative;
- To include yours please address Gathering’s Organizers in advance.
The all-morning meeting is free though it is listed on Friday’s Pre Conference Track.
For details about the NOFA Summer Conference visit nofasummerconference.org