This will be a fun day of visiting featured permaculture demonstration sites in the Pioneer Valley! We will meet the designers and land stewards, and we will hear from them about their gardens, farm systems, energy efficiency, permaculture designs. Bring a picnic lunch, and gather your friends and family too. The fee for the day is a sliding scale $30-$50. Pre-registration is required. Discounts available.
Tour Day on Saturday, June 6th:
- 9:00 This day will start at Sirius EcoVillage in Shutesbury, MA, just 12 minutes from Amherst~ Visit the no till raised veggie garden CSA, the edible forest gardens and orchards, the cob house, the straw bale greenhouse, and more. siriuscommunity.org
- 11:00 We will then visit the Beyond Sustainability Home in Amherst MA, a traditional single family home transformed to produce its own food, supply its own electricity, provide living wage jobs though various microbusinesses, and host educational workshops to benefit the local community, home of Ryan Harb, a Regenerative Culture Strategist, Founder of Beyond Sustainability Consulting, and White House Award Winner for the UMass Amherst Permaculture Initiative, as well as the home of Tory Smith, tiny house builder, and developer of a new product with Goldthread Herb Farm. beyondsustain.org
- 1:00 Our picnic lunch will be held at the Natural Roots Farm farm stand, adjacent to he South River Miso Factory in Conway MA (They have a rice paddy, and many, many barrels of fermenting miso!!!).
- 2:00 Natural Roots Farm is a fully horse powered farm (no fossil fuels onsite!), and David Fisher has been a leading farmer with his animal powered system and cover crop rotational plans. We will meet with David and lean about his animal systems and the evolution of this farm over the last 15 years. Note, there are still CSA shares available for this growing season! Check it out and join if you are in the area! naturalroots.com
- 3:30 We will complete our tour at the Wildside Gardens, home and homestead of Sue Bridge, and a design project of Regenerative Design Group (Jono Neiger, Keith Zaltzberg, etc as the primary designers) who are a leading permaculture design firm here in Greenfield MA. wildsidecottageandgardens.org
There is still space to register. Email us if you would like to attend!