Hiring: Admin Assistant – SEMAP
Reports to: Executive Director
SEMAP is dedicated to preserving and expanding access to local food and sustainable farming in southeastern Massachusetts through research and education. We serve farms, farmers, and the communities of southeastern Massachusetts with our primary service area covering Bristol, Norfolk, and Plymouth counties.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Administrative Assistant will provide strong, organizational and programmatic assistance to the Executive Director and Program Director, as well as contribute and support special projects as assigned and necessary. This person will represent SEMAP as an initial point of contact in variety of settings.
Up to 15 hours a week – $15 per hour.
- Financial: Manage QuickBooks, monitor budgets, basic bookkeeping, and prepare financial reports as needed.
- Assist staff in the preparation of Board Meeting materials.
- Initiate correspondence for director’s review, edit finished materials for completeness, accuracy, and format.
- Assist with SEMAP’s communications including mail, email and telephone prioritizing.
- Manage development database.
- Work with Executive Director on donor communications including appeal and thank you letters. Manage additional fundraising activities in a timely manner.
- Assist staff and board members on an as-needed basis during peak seasons. Support special projects including Ag & Food Conference and Farm to Tapas.
- Maintain organizational files and documents.
- Address other administrative support as needed.
Education: BA/BS preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years of administrative and/or program experience, preferably within the non-profit and/or local food movement.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the nonprofit sector, especially local food and sustainable farming.
- Administrative skills; strong verbal and written skills, cordial, energetic and flexible; possess sound judgment, including the ability to use discretion and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Work well in a small office environment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a dynamic work environment..
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, QuickBooks, donor management systems and general database management.
Please submit cover letter, resume and three references to:
Southeastern Massachusetts Agricultural Partnership
P.O. Box 80625
South Dartmouth, MA 02748-0625
Or email PDF to: email@example.com
SEMAP is dedicated to preserving and expanding access to local food and sustainable farming in southeastern Massachusetts through research and education. SEMAP believes that local agriculture is essential to the health and vitality of our community and our economy. Sustaining farmers and farm businesses, and expanding access to local food are at the core of our mission. We provide technical assistance to farmers, educate the community on the importance of local agriculture, work to increase the functionality of our region’s food system, and connect all people to local food.
Learn more at semaponline.org