Hiring: Agriculture Specialist/Outreach Coordinator – NCAT
Put your education and experience to work! The National Center for Appropriate Technology (NCAT) is seeking an Agriculture Specialist/Outreach Coordinator who can create and distribute outreach communications for communities in the Northeast region. The specialist will assist farmers in adopting sustainable agricultural practices to build healthier and more profitable farms and communities while helping to improve environmental conditions for all. NCAT is a private non-profit corporation whose work includes nationally recognized projects in food, agriculture, and energy such as ATTRA, the national sustainable agriculture information service and the LIHEAP Clearinghouse. The position will be located in NCAT’s office in Keene, New Hampshire.
Qualification, Skills and Abilities: This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate who has a combination of education and experience in agriculture, communications, marketing, and food policy. The position requires the equivalent of a bachelor’s degree BA/BS in communications, marketing, agronomy, soils, sustainable agriculture or environmental studies plus a minimum of four years experience. We seek a self-starter who can use creative means to advance NCAT’s mission of helping people by championing small-scale, local, and sustainable solutions to reduce poverty, promote healthy communities, and protect natural resources. The ideal candidate will have experience in leading collaborative efforts with diverse partners. Project development and project management experience would also be beneficial. Excellent communication skills, including public speaking, writing, editing and research skills are very important in this position. Some travel will be required.
- Conduct NCAT outreach activities with a goal of improving technical services to farmers and growers and increasing NCAT’s visibility. Outreach activities will include writing newsletters, press releases, workshop announcements, sustainable agriculture publications and providing workshops and trainings on sustainable agriculture topics at local and regional meetings and conferences.
- Recruit partners and collaborators for NCAT.
- Serve as a knowledgeable technical resource for farmers/growers and also NCAT agriculture specialists, program managers, and regional directors.
- Seek out opportunities to create a connection between NCAT and family farmers with a concentration in the Northeast.
- Plan and execute outreach activities that support NCAT projects, objectives and mission.
- Agriculture Specialist/Outreach CoordinatorSeek local, state and regional development opportunities to support local food systems in the Northeast.
SALARY AND BENEFITS: Salary range is $30,000 to $50,000 depending on qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits include paid vacation and holidays, health, life and disability insurance, a cafeteria and 401(k) plan and a pleasant, professional office environment.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Applications will be accepted through June 16, 2017 or until suitable candidates can be identified. Early applications are encouraged and applications will be considered as they are received. All persons interested in being considered for the position must submit a cover letter highlighting their experience and skills relevant to the listed qualifications, a current resume and a completed NCAT application form. Requests for an NCAT application form and inquires about the application process should be directed to Kriss Sullivan. Incomplete applications or reference on the application to “see resume” will not be considered. Applicants can visit NCAT’s website at www.ncat.org for a gateway to websites and projects developed by NCAT staff. Send completed application materials to:
NCAT Human Resource Specialist e-mail: email@example.com
P.O. Box 3838
Butte, MT 59702
NCAT values diversity and encourages minority and women applicants to apply. For additional information about NCAT please visit our website at www.ncat.org.
It is NCAT’s policy and organizational philosophy to ensure that all of our employment practices, including recruitment and hiring, are administered for all individuals without regard to race, sex, creed, color, national origin, age, religion, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or political affiliation.