Hiring: Assistant Grower – SPACE on Ryder Farm
SPACE on Ryder Farm, a non-profit residency program and working organic farm, seeks an Assistant Grower to join our growing team. The Assistant Grower will work with our experienced farm team to learn the ins and outs of vegetable growing, equipment operation and farm planning on an eight-acre farm.
- Seeding, watering, potting up and maintaining transplants in the greenhouse.
- Planting, and cultivating crops in the field. Including direct seeding, transplanting, hand weeding and hoeing.
- Maintaining crops in field, through trellising, mulching and adding nutrients.
- Mowing and property maintenance, using riding mower, tractor mounted mower and string trimmers.
- Responsible for working with tractors and other farm equipment. The assistant grower will be trained on safe and proper use of the tractors and implements on the farm. This will include mowing, disking, and forming beds in the field, as well as tractor cultivation.
HARVESTING AND SALES RESPONSIBILITY
- Weekly harvesting and washing of produce
- In conjunction with other key staff members, responsible for maintaining Ryder Farm’s roadside farm stand
- Under the supervision of the Director of Operations and Director of Finance and Business Development, track sales from markets, CSA and roadside farm stand
- Interact with the public as needed
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position has been filled. To apply please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com using the subject line “Assistant Grower Application.”
Click here for more information on the farm and the position.