Hiring: Bilingual (Spanish/English) Delivery & Care Coordinator – Northampton Survival Center
NOW HIRING: BILINGUAL (SPANISH/ENGLISH) DELIVERY & CARE COORDINATOR
Job title: Delivery & Care Coordinator
Hours: Full-time at 35 hours/week preferred
(25-hours/week will be considered)
Reports to: Program Director
Salary range: $49,000 to $55,000 based on skills and experience
Benefits: Individual health plan subsidized at 70% by the Center. Dental benefits and 401k matching benefits are also available. Holidays and paid time off.
Location: Northampton Survival Center, 265 Prospect Street, Northampton, Massachusetts
Summary: The Northampton Survival Center food pantry seeks a compassionate and collaborative bilingual professional to provide comprehensive care and support of our clients through our food delivery program. The Delivery & Care Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and making deliveries to clients throughout Northampton and some peripheral towns, and working with other staff, volunteers, and clients to ensure that delivery clients’ needs are understood and met. This person will help us continue to elevate and integrate our pandemic-era delivery programs into our long-term services to enhance client care.
Are you a creative problem solver looking to use your relationship-building skills and sensitivity to trauma-informed care to make a tangible and meaningful difference to others? In this role you’ll coordinate essential food deliveries to those in our community most impacted by gaps in food access, transportation, and disability justice.
Applications are accepted online, on a rolling basis from November 22, 2023, until the position is filled. To apply, please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without a cover letter will be considered incomplete.
• Coordinate delivery of groceries to hundreds of clients of the Northampton Survival Center, working with clients and community partners
• Provide guidance and leadership to volunteers making deliveries
• Develop relationships with delivery clients to clarify needs and appropriate services
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The Center is a fast-paced office environment. The organization thrives with a dedicated, collaborative, and collegial staff who pitch in when needed to fulfill the mission of improving the quality of life for low-income individuals and families throughout Hampshire County.
The position works indoors and outdoors throughout the year, including office work in a climate-controlled environment. Must be able to lift 40 to 50 pounds regularly. Frequent computer work, typing, talking on the phone and in person, walking, standing, sitting, lifting, carrying, and driving a van required.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
• 35 hours a week. A part-time schedule of 25 hours a week will be considered for the right candidate, if they match our specific delivery program needs
• Survival Center staffing hours have changed with COVID, and they may change again. Currently, the schedule is Monday 11:30am-6:30pm, Tuesday-Friday, 9am-4pm. There is a potential to shift an additional day to include weekday evening hours
• Work is performed at the Center and on deliveries in and around Northampton, with no remote work
• Occasional use of personal vehicle may be required. No other travel beyond deliveries is required.
• Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish
• Familiarity and experience with Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion policies and practices
• Sensitivity to the needs of persons in crisis; ability to communicate calmly and patiently.
• Experience working in multicultural settings
• At least two years of continuous work in office administration or program work
• High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Fluency in Microsoft Word and Excel, email, google docs, and database experience
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to adjust communication styles as needed
• Excellent organization and time management skills
• Valid drivers license and comfort driving a large van
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
• Must successfully pass a background check
• Must have reliable transportation
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
The Northampton Survival Center requires employees and volunteers to be fully vaccinated. The Center stays abreast of available scientific knowledge and tends toward caution in following or exceeding CDC, State, and local guidelines regarding COVID-19.
The Northampton Survival Center is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
The Northampton Survival Center strongly supports workplace diversity. Candidates of all races, genders, ages, religious, or sexual orientations are strongly encouraged to apply.