Hiring: Crew Leader – Red Fire Farm
Looking for a natural leader and great communicator who is passionate about organic farming. The Granby Crew Leader leads a team of anywhere from 1 to 10 people on a daily basis. It is his/her responsibility to keep the crew on task at all times, ensure that everyone on the crew is following the proper harvesting techniques and meeting quality standards, and following all safety guidelines. This person will also serve as the primary point person communicating all crew and field needs to the home farm team in Montague.
- Know farm standards for each area of work – harvesting, weeding, etc.
- Set the pace for everything – harvesting, walking, getting in and out of vehicles, dropping things off in the shed, etc.
- Ensure that produce is brought from the field to the shed in a timely manner, in accordance with harvest standards
- Read the harvest notes every week, and ask questions to the harvest manager or someone else if there is any uncertainty
- Cultivate a positive and effective working experience with your crew
Email cover letter outlining applicable experience, resume, and reference to firstname.lastname@example.org