Hiring: Crew Leader – Red Fire Farm
Looking for a natural leader and great communicator who is passionate about organic farming. The Granby Crew Leader leads a team of anywhere from 1 to 10 people on a daily basis. It is his/her responsibility to keep the crew on task at all times, ensure that everyone on the crew is following the proper harvesting techniques and meeting quality standards, and following all safety guidelines. This person will also serve as the primary point person communicating all crew and field needs to the home farm team in Montague.
- Know farm standards for each area of work – harvesting, weeding, etc.
- Set the pace for everything – harvesting, hoeing, walking, getting in and out of vehicles, dropping things off at the barn, etc.
- Ensure that produce is brought from the field to the shed in a timely manner, in accordance with harvest standards
- Read the harvest notes every week, and ask questions to the harvest manager or someone else if there is any uncertainty
- Bring self-motivation and good communication to the team. Experience working with other languages and cultures helpful.
- Cultivate a positive and effective working experience with your crew
- Valid drivers license and good driving record required
Compensation: $11-11.50/hr based on experience, plus plenty of organic produce to enjoy.
Job Location: 7 Carver Street, Granby, MA 01033
Email cover letter outlining applicable experience, resume, and reference to firstname.lastname@example.org
View other open positions at the farm here: http://redfirefarm.com/about/employment/open-positions/