Hiring: CSA Share Distribution Manager – Riverland Farm
Riverland Farm in Western Massachusetts is an established 35 acre diversified vegetable operation marketing through a robust CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) program as well as several wholesale accounts. Our Certified Organic farm is seeking highly motivated and eager individuals to fill key positions for the 2016 season. Please send resume detailing any relevant experience, employment references, and which position you are applying for to Rob Lynch at email@example.com
We strongly prefer applicants with prior farm experience.
Runs May 23rd – Nov 12th with possibility to continue into December
- Setting up and breaking down CSA distribution.
- Displaying and restocking vegetables in an attractive manner.
- Cleaning and putting away vegetable containers as needed.
- Keeping CSA share room and surrounding areas clean (extra time is available before set up to clean share room well)
- Engaging with CSA members
- Responsible for register and cash drawer accounting.
- Tracking produce during CSA share to communicate anything that we are running low on.
- Tracking leftover produce at the end of the CSA share.
- Making notes of resale products we are low on and making orders to replenish
- Work Schedule will be approx. 8-9 hours on Tues.+ Thurs (11:30-8) and on Sat.(7:30-2:30) approx. 7 hours.
- The share room attendant is the face of the farm and must show up to work in presentable clothing (i.e. no ripped shirts/cutoff jeans, no flip flops, no offensive clothing of any kind, long hair must be tied back).
- Job is meant for a people person that is an extremely efficient multi-tasker. Share must be kept looking full and abundant at all times and space must be kept clean and organized. (Prior market experience, food service, customer relations.)
- Experience with vegetables helpful so that you can help members with using their share (how it is grown, why it might be different then what they are used to, what is happening in the field, recipes or resources for recipes and putting food up.)
- Pay starts at $12/hr