Hiring: CSA Shareroom Manager – Next Barn Over Farm
Next Barn Over is a 50 acre, certified organic, mixed vegetable farm, in Hadley, MA. We grow vegetables for 600 CSA sharemembers as well as several local and regional wholesale accounts. We are currently hiring a CSA Shareroom Manager. This position oversees weekly CSA distribution to our 400 on-farm sharemembers. This position also involves managing our small farm store, upick field, and farm beautification.
– Setting up, staffing, and breaking down our CSA farm share distributions
– Assisting in washing and packing produce before each distribution
– Offering welcoming, friendly, and helpful customer service
– Coordinating the packing of our walk in coolers
– Keeping the CSA/farm store clean, well stocked, organized, well labeled, beautiful and welcoming
– Keeping a detailed inventory of daily crop usage
– Communicating between sharemembers and farm manager
– Ordering and tracking sales of farm store items
– Managing upick field: setting upick share volumes based on availability; regular tidying of paths and
– The ideal candidate would also help to organize farm events such as food preservation workshops, farm tours, volunteer work hours, and so on.
It is essential that this be a person who loves food and people, and is organized, creative, and self-motivated. We are seeking someone that wants to actively participate in improving the design, systems, and beauty of the shareroom to make it feel even more like a community gathering space.
Schedule is about 30 hours per week, with opportunities for more hours: Monday and Wednesday from 10:30 a.m-7:30 p.m, and Saturday from 7:30 a.m-2 p.m, an additional 2-4 hrs/wk for tidying and beautifying (exact hrs/days to be determined by you). Can be combined with other part-time positions.
Starting wage is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Please send inquiries to Ray: email@example.com